Pages

Friday 30 January 2009

Car, Car, Car

We went into Shanklin today to get the car tax, these things always come round so quick don't they!

Nana and GrandJack have been really helpful, everyone has, it's always nice to have a great family behind you to keep you going. Over Christmas Nana & GrandJack gave Matt and me £25 worth of Morrisons stamps as well as chocolate and money for Christmas. GrandJack had also asked Mum to spend the money she'd spend on his Christmas present on car tax stamps for me instead, how kind is that! Mum got me £20 of saver stamps, and bought GrandJack a Christmas pressie, she's so cool.

Matt went into the post office to get the car tax, armed with Mum & GrandJack's saver stamps which was a great help, and I popped into the bank. The woman I spoke to was really lovely, when she found out I had been made redundant she got really upset and suggested I make an appointment with the bank manager to see if he could suggest any thing to help us out.

We went to Mum and Dad's whilst waiting for my 3 o'clock appointment at the bank. No one was in but I wanted to be nosy and have a look at the fridge freezer and have a nice cool drink of water with ice cubes- all thanks to the fridge freezer- it looks fab.

Ice and water maker on Mum and Dad's fridge freezer

When we got there the woman next door was in the process of filling up a couple of cars with different bits and bobs, and not long after she had gone 3 removal vans turned up. I assumed they were for her, but she didn't come back, the only person I saw turn up was a lad on a push bike who looked younger than Elena! Mum came in just after 2 when a couple more blokes turned up and started unpacking the vans! They looked quite chavy, but I know you shouldn't judge book by it's cover.

About 2.40 Matt and I headed off to the bank where I spoke to the manager and he suggested a few things that might help us out.

Before going back to the flat we went to Morrisons, Matt went in and I stayed in the car as I really couldn't be bothered to move and for some reason felt in a bit of a bad mood. Matt had been gone about 5 minutes when I heard a noise, I turned round to see and old man driving an estate car, with his wife, pull into the space next to me. He seemed to just force the car into the space instead of straightening up, and scraped the side of my car in the process!

So I got out, went round to the drivers side and had a look at the damage whilst trying to keep my temper. The couple got out of the car and walked off, not even a backwards glance let alone an apology! Well that really annoyed me, I know if I had driven into his car and gone to walk off they would have gone up the wall with the usual "the youth of today".

Completely losing all self control now I phoned Matt, crying my eyes out, to tell him what had happened. He ended up having to phone Mum to see if she could get any sense out of me as I was in such a state!

It's not that I wanted to claim on the man's insurance or anything (unless he'd been really horrible about it), as nearly every panel of my car has some sort of dent in it, and not all of them due to me, (even the steering wheel looks naff. It went off for no reason whilst Matt was driving it a few weeks ago. Luckily he managed to pull over and only came out of it with a swollen lip, where he'd had his hand on the wheel, the force of the explosion made his hand fly up and punch himself, I know I shouldn't but rofpml. We took it to the Toyota garage where he said it would cost us over £300 to have a new one fitted, which is what I paid for the car in the first place, but it wasn't compulsory to do so) it was that they hadn't apologised to me.

The couple eventually came out, Matt showed them what had happened, and the man was really sorry, he hadn't notice it happen. Him apologising calmed me down a bit so we just left it.

Matt took me back to Mum's to let her know what had happened. When we got in Elena told us that the lad I'd seen come in on the push bike was in the same year as her and was the school bully!!!

Mum had a phone call from Lisa about 5.15 to say that her and Liam were on the fast cat, so her and Elena went to pick them up. Matt and I went back home to have some tea. After tea I carried on my book.

I only put my book down to watch Gorden Ramsey's British kitchen Nightmares, it was great but I really don't know how he has the patience to put up with these people, some of them really don't deserve the business, but he always cracks them and gets their business booming. His USA version starts next week I can't wait.

Anyway I'm off to bed now. night night.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, you poor thing. At least no one was hurt :O)
    Hope you feel a bit better today. Big *hugs* from all of us. You know we will always be here for you xXxXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flippin' bad drivers! *tuts* you should have made them pay you something, i would have! Hope you've had a better day today.

    Glad you got your sunglasses back safe and sound. I would have love to have brought them you in person, wish you lived closer!

    Lots of love to you

    Teresa xxxx

    ReplyDelete