Pages

Saturday 17 January 2009

What to do?

OMG woke up with such an awful headache this morning, my own fault I know, all from pigging out on the chocolate last night, I knew I shouldn't have eaten so much.

After having a nice long soak in the bath, I didn't want to get out of it, I turned on my laptop to see if anyone had heard any more about Nana- Jean. Dad had spoken to Auntie Claire again last night after I had left, and was told that the hospital were going to carry out some tests but had to wait a few hours first. Poor Dad doesn't really know what to do with himself.

Elena spoke to me as soon as I had logged in, saying that Dad was contemplating on going up north to see her but was waiting for more news first. So Matt and I went round to Mum and Dad's to see if there was anything we could do. Mum had very kindly said I could use their washing machine as all the ones in the flats laundry room were in use, Mum's is definitely better though as my whites always come out a lot whiter when I use hers! Before we left the flat though I took this photo, it's the view out of our front door down the drive way.


Just as we got in the phone went and it was Auntie Claire again, Dad also got to speak to Nana- Jean, who she said that she was feeling better and for him not to come up as it was too long a journey. Well we've decided that we won't go up this week as both Mum and Dad have got loads on at work, we'll go next Friday, after their fridge/freezer has been delivered and then come back on Sunday, in time for everyone to be back at work and school. It's oing to be so cold, will have to pack loads of jumpers.

Matt went back to flat just after lunch, he said he wasn't feeling 100% but I think he wanted to get back and watch the snooker. After we had washed the pots and had a cup of tea Mum, Elena and I decided we'd go for a walk along Sandown seafront. We thought we'd park near Bogeys-the local night club, and walk from there.

As we were driving past the Caulkheads we spotted Nana and GrandJack, so we pulled over to see what they were doing and it turned out they had decided to go for a walk along the seafront as well. We went off and parked the car and waited for them to catch us up and then all headed off towards Yaverland.

We talked bout how Nana- Jean was in hospital and asked how Auntie Mal was doing, GrandJacks youngest sister who lives in France and who has also just been admitted to hospital. She's just got Guillen Barre Syndrome. Which is a rare disorder that makes your immune system attack your nervous system, and she is now paralysed below the waist!

It was very windy and cold along the seafront, we popped into the yacht club to see if we could get a coffee at the bar but unfortunately it wasn't open, so we headed back to Sandown and popped into the Jolly Sailor where GrandJack bought us all a nice hot drink.

After warming we said goodbye to Nana and GrandJack and headed back home where Dad was making one of his gorgeous roast dinners for us. It was lovely. Thanks Dad xxx

After tea Matt came and picked me up and we went back to the flat so we could pay the rent and check when we need to get out of the flat. Fiona told us that we may be able to have it for a couple more weeks as the building work isn't going as quick as they'd like it to, we have to check with them at the end of the month as to whats happening.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get another couple of weeks in your flat, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    Did you want me to e-mail some photos or do you just want to copy them from mine & Elena's blogs?

    Loved reading it all ~ keep up the good work :O)

    Love you oodles & oodles of spaghetti noodles X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you head is better Gemma and I hope u can have the flat for another couple of weeks. speak to u soon.

    love you

    ReplyDelete