Pages

Sunday 18 January 2009

Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside...

I love living by the sea, it's great in the summer as you can go and have a lovely cool off whenever you want to and in the winter there's always some sort of cracking photo opportunity.


View of Sandown Bay from Rylstone Gardens

We went to Tescos again today to get enough food in to last the rest of the week. Pumped the cars tyres up and headed back home.

After I'd had some lunch I left Matt watching the snooker final whilst I went for a wander around Rylstone Gardens.


Entrance to Rylstone Gardens

Entrance to Rylstone Gardens

It was lovely there, so peaceful and no-one around, all you could hear was the sea, the birds and the waterfall from Shanklin Chine.

Artwork in Rylstone Gardens
Rylstone GardensRylstone Manor HouseRylstone Manor HouseBuilding in Rylstone Gardens

After wandering around the gardens for a while I wandered up past Shanklin Chine and then into the Old Village.

Start of Shanklin Chine waterfallStart of Shanklin Chine
Shanklin Chine
View of Shanklin Chine from the Old Village
Shanklin Old Village

I made my way through the Old Village, past Big Mead and then back to the flat, where I managed to get a picture of our flat.

Big MeadOur flat-the bottom one- from bottom of drive way

After my walk I popped over to Mum and Dad's to see how everyone was and to see if Dad could take my white coat to the dry cleaners in Newport, well my "not so" white coat as it's filthy! He said he would, which is brill I'm so grateful, it's always horrible going into Newport when you don't have a lot of money, as this is where all the best shops are!

I received an email from one of my friends from collage asking if I wanted to go horse riding on Wednesday so hopefully we will meet up and have a good old chat, weather depending on the horse riding though.

Now I'm off to have some popcorn, I love popcorn it's great, although I think I might soon be addicted, lol!





1 comment:

  1. What fantastic photos. I'm coming with you next time :O) Have you seen the house (on the left handside past the Crab going towards Big Mead)with the huge peacock stained glass window? I'd love to see it from the inside looking out.

    http://vandasramblings.blogspot.com/2007/04/omg-i-won-o.html

    Hope you get to go horse riding :O)

    Leave me a comment ~ pretty please ~ love ya xXx

    ReplyDelete