Pages

Monday 12 January 2009

The Beginning

Well I'm sat here listening to Harry Potter and wondering where to start. Creating a blog was my Mum's idea, after she read my status on Facebook -Gemma H is so unbelievably bored- which unfortunately at the moment I am.

Having just been made redundant, along with 30,000 other people, from the one and only Woolworths, I am needless to say finding it rather boring not having any work to do. Oh well these things happen!

The best Woolworths team ever! Taken after doors shut for the last time

Debbie, Gemma, me, Lyn and Sharon on our last dayAlign Centre

Shaun and me on our last day

What have I been up to since I left Woolies...

Friday 2nd January

After leaving the store for the last time we all went down to the Kings for a last drink as colleagues

Jo, Gemma, Steve, me and Shaun

Saturday 3rd January

As I was the only person driving Friday night a few people had left their things in my boot, so after picking Elena up on my way I dropped Steve's stereo off, and then popped round Nana and GrandJack's to give them the mini hi-fi that we had used in store. After that we had a wander around Newport, where I found some gorgeous white fluffy slippers. We also saw Sharon's sister Vicky.

After we'd finished in Newport Elena came back to the flat for a bit and watched Disney's Haunted Mansion.

During the week I've just been up to the odd few bits, like taking down the Christmas decorations, putting all the photo's from Woolworths on to disc's for everyone, ready for our meal out on Friday, making a C.V.

Friday 9th January

We went in to Newport to have a look round New Look where I found a nice white t-shirt and black cardigan, perfect to wear out for the meal. We then had a wander around Island Harbour, the harbour had actually frozen over as it was so cold!

I found the most beautiful boat there that I'd love to live on, it looked like something out of Peter Pan!


We went round Mum and Dad's after Newport to see how Lisa had done in her driving test, unfortunately they failed her, but I know she'll be fine next time, as it took me 3 times to do mine! Whilst I was there i borrowed Lisa's curlers so I could make a start on getting ready to go out.

At 6 o'clock Matt dropped me off at the Kings where I met up with everyone. We had a few drinks there until we moved on up to Royal China.

They put on a lovely meal for us Spare ribs, breaded prawns, potato samosas and chicken satay for starter along with copious amounts of prawn crackers, yum! Then for our main course chicken curry, beef in black bean sauce, sweet and sour pork and sweet and sour chicken balls with rice and noodles. We had a choice of desserts, I had a gorgeous coffee ice cream covered in meringue with gooey coffee chocolate in the middle.

After we had finished with our coffee the staff decided to clear a dance space for us and start the flashing lights and an entire CD of Westlife, I don't think I was the only one who was entirely embarrassed, as they kept trying to make us get up and dance! Shaun had very kindly sorted out the presents for Sharon, Bren and Lyn from all of us, he asked me to get up and stand with him whilst handing them out, but Sharon and Bren thought that he was asking me to get up and dance with him- needless to say there were a few tears at the wonderful pictures he sorted out for them.

After the Chinese we went back down to the Kings for a last drink and then Cat, Carrie, little Gemma, Steve, Shaun and myself went down to Bogeys. Cat and Carrie left around 1 o'clock and Shaun and I left around 1.40 am as my feet could no longer take it- note to self next time don't wear heels!lol!- we left Gemma and Steve there with Steve's brother Jon.

Saturday 10th January

Off to the job center today, great. Actually it wasn't quite as bad as I had expected, though it's still beyond me how some people can do this for their entire lives, I know I couldn't! They made a job seekers agreement with me, which consisted of things like what job would I do, if I would like a foreign holiday I can only have 1 a year and must get a holiday form to do so, it's just like being back at school!
I then spoke to a lovely lady from a place called Next Step, we spoke about what I want to do now and made an appointment with her to talk further into funding for courses and possible voluntary work.

We then spent the remainder of the afternoon in Whetherspoons and have decided that we're going to keep in touch and meet up again at the end of the month, so as I want to be an event organiser it has been left to me to sort out what we're going to do, which I love, I just hope that what ever I chose everyone else will love as well!

Well that's all I can think of for now, got to go and sort out my washing, great fun, lol!


4 comments:

  1. Aww what a fantastic blog, I love it :O)
    It will be really good to look back on and somewhere to keep all your photos :O)
    Can't wait to read the next installment ~ love you lots xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new post to read :O) I love your blog photo, it's brill xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo sorry forgot to say, look at all your flags!!

    ReplyDelete