Pages

Friday 16 January 2009

A Down Day

Well not really been up to much today. If I'm perfectly honest it's been a bit of a down day, I don't know why I just feel extremely fed up. Oh aren't I the happy ray of light, lol!

I was messing around on the internet this morning when I had a look on IMDb's news feed, one of the stories was about Bear Grylls, who was born on the island and grew up in Bembridge, and how his wife has given birth to their 3rd son Huckleberry! One of their other son's name is Marmaduke. I just can't believe how mean some people can be to their own children, still each to their own I suppose.

We took a trip out to Tesco's where we bumped in to one of Matt's old friends Mum, who was having a good old whinge about him (Martin her son, Matt's old friend), still it's always good to know he hasn't changed as he's always looking for an argument! We also saw Steve who we had a quick chat with before heading off to the checkout.

On our way back i dropped Matt off at his Mum's then I popped round Mum and Dad's. Poor Mum's had an awful day at work again today, but hopefully now the "big boss" is kicking his son's rear end it may start to get better soon- hang in their Mum xxx

I did her ironing for her as she offered to pay me, she also gave me some petrol and a tin of Bournville chocolate, which I love. Then we tried accessing Mum's hard drive so I could write my thank you letters for my Christmas Presents, unfortunately we just couldn't get the laptop to acknowledge that we had plugged in, and turned on, her hard drive. Technology, tut, it's great whilst it works but when it malfunctions I'm useless!

Dad came in about 5.45 saying that he'd just had another phone call from Auntie Claire, her and Auntie Debra had just been summoned to the hospital where my Nan is as she'd had a heart attack. So all in all I think every ones had a pretty rotten day. I've offered to go up with Dad if he needs to, so then at least I can look after Matthew and Zoe and keep Dad company on the trip as well.

Hopefully I'll have actually done something tomorrow so I have a happier, fuller post to give you.

2 comments:

  1. Aww poor you, you did look a bit down when you came in but I didn't realise you were that fed up. Flippin heck I must have made you worse asking you to do the ironing ~ sorry sweetie. I was grateful though xXx

    If you want to do something over the weekend Elena's always available for company as she's always bored silly. It's a bad time of year for everyone January/February. Keep your chin up and don't forget ...
    Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...

    And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...

    If life seems jolly rotten
    There's something you've forgotten
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
    When you're feeling in the dumps
    Don't be silly chumps
    Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

    And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...

    For life is quite absurd
    And death's the final word
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.
    Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
    Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

    So always look on the bright side of death
    Just before you draw your terminal breath

    Life's a piece of shit
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep 'em laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

    And always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the right side of life...
    (Come on guys, cheer up!)
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    (Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    (I mean - what have you got to lose?)
    (You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
    What have you lost? Nothing!)
    Always look on the right side of life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Mum, I didn't mind do the ironing it was nice to have something to do.

    Lol, I've got that song playing in my head now and it's certainly making me grin. See you soon. Let me know if anything happens with Nana. Love you lots.xxx

    ReplyDelete