Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2009

Edutainment

Nice early start for me this morning, well when I say early I mean 8.30! Your probably thinking lazy moose, but at the moment I'm used to getting up when I'm nice and ready, which is usually around 9.30, so as you can imagine it was a bit of a shock to the system.

By 10.20 Matt had dropped me off in Ryde so I could go to my appointment at Next Step, based at a business called Edutainment, with a lovely lady called Amanda. We discussed my options further, from what we had talked about on Saturday.

She has found me some possible voluntary work with Age Concern, which sounds really naff but it's with there event organising department, which will be perfect as that's what I'd love to get into. We also looked at a few courses for me to do and have decided that I should maybe update my computer skills and perhaps go back to college to study either business management or business administration. She's going to have a look into funding for me as now I'm a "mature student" lol it's not going to be cheap!

She's also going to find out if she can get my some help finding a job, because I live in Lake and they are based in Ryde they may not be able to .I should find out about that when I speak to her next.

At 11.40 I reluctantly went down to the job centre to sign on for the first time, I felt so embarrassed sat there with a load of chav's, I can't wait till I find a new job. The man who i had to see was rather big, which wasn't a problem, but he was wearing a shirt that was about 2 sizes too small for him and subsequently straining at the buttons, needless to say it wasn't a nice sight.

As I was leaving Debbie was just coming in to sigh on for her first time. She had very kindly got hold of an email address belonging to our last customer, well her Mum's as our last customer was about 2 years old. Shaun had taken a picture of her as she made her purchase and we said that we'd email it to her, unfortunately someone was a wee bit to efficient when tidying the office and threw it away. So at least now when she's old enough to understand she'll be able to have a look back, we also sent her one of all of us just after we had closed.

Matt came and picked me up and took me to Newport Quay, he'd arranged for us to have a look on one of the boats. I didn't take any photo's of inside as I found it rather small and in need of some work, but did manage some of outside this time.

All the boats in the car park along the Quay sideView up the Medina off the top of a Gaffa KetchView into Newport off the top of a Gaffa KetchRiver Medina

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get a job soon too but at least you're trying which is the main thing. It sounds as if you've had a quite an eventful day :O) Love all your photos too xXx

    I'm not trying to palm my rubbish onto you but before they go in the bin I thought I'd ask you if you wanted ... some glass sundae dishes, a plastic thermos flask, some freeze packs (the blue liqid one's to keep your cool bag cool), a glass vase for flowers (or 3) and, I don't think there is an and but there might be when I've decanted some more kitchen cupboards lol. Let me know if you want them or not :O)

    I have found the bogof cinema ticket and have put it in a bag along with £6 for the other ticket, 2 bottles of Dr Pepper & a bag of Minstrels. Dad says we're having lasagne tomorrow night with garlic bread/pizza & salad leaves, is that OK?

    Love you oodles of noodles xXx

    ReplyDelete