Pages

Friday 30 January 2009

Age Concern

Off to Newport again this morning to do a few hours at Age Concern. Today I was emailing all the information about Silver Star to different schools on the island, adding any new contacts Ellen had acquired into her address book and updating their spreadsheet. I'm going back on Tuesday to sort out my application to be a volunteer, then they can start giving me petrol money.

We'd popped into Morrisons yesterday when I bumped into one of the teaching assistants from Sandown High, Mrs Lowish- she also helped out at Lake middle when I was there, then moved over to Sandown high the same time as me, she's really lovely and will always stop and have a chat- she told me that Sandown are having a mufti day for Age Concern this Friday, Elena had also told me earlier that day.

Matt picked me up at 2 o'clock and we went back home for some much needed lunch. For the rest of the day I read some more books, as I really couldn't be bothered to do anything else. I've now finished The Spiderwick Chronicles, Mum bought them for me for Christmas and I was positive there were only 4 books, had even looked it up on the internet, but now I've read them there is a 5th one, aargh! I might see if I can read it online or pop into the library perhaps. They are good and a bit different to the film, but very quick to read. I've just started The Little White Horse, which so far seems really good, but I think this one will take me a bit longer to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment