Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2009

Temporary accommodation

On the 2nd of November, after a lovely week spent up in the cold northern region with Auntie Claire & co and Teresa & co, Matt and I moved into our first home together. It was great having something to look forward to as usually, like every one else, I hate coming home from a holiday.

The only downside to this flat, was that we'd only have for three months, until the end of January, as the owners, Fiona and Miles, will then be doing construction work to them. Currently they are working on the main house and having a swimming pool built in the garden!Let's hope this year brings a decent summer so they can make good use of it.

I have thoroughly enjoyed having my own space and sharing it with Matt. It was great over Christmas I had a few decorations of my own, we also bought a 6ft tree from Tesco's for just £5 bargain! Then when we found out that Woolworths would be closing I asked my manager, Sharon, if I could have the 6ft tree out of the staff canteen, to which of course she said yes. Mum and Elena very kindly came and picked it up, and both got a little something out of it Elena found a smaller tree in the corner which I let her have and Mum got a boot full of glitter, Christmas 2007 Sharon had got a bit carried away with the festivities and covered the front of the store in glitter, lol!

Well now our time here is almost up and we are searching to find somewhere else, I know we'll find something. Mum said to get a few photo's of the flat, so I have something to look back at. I have tidy, polished and positioned everything so it looks fab, I hope. There are 3 rooms the main living area/ dining room/ kitchen, the main bedroom with en-suite and the spare room with en-suite


The main living area from front door
The main living are form kitchen

Main bedroom taken from living area
View of all of main bedroomChair in main bedroom with the teddy Matt bought a few Christmas' agoMain en-suiteSpare bedroomSpare bedroom en-suite with bunk beds just behind the door

There is also a courtyard area but at the moment it's dark and raining so maybe if it's nice tomorrow I'll take some more pictures.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww that's so lovely. I love your teddy in the pink chair. What a shame you can't have the flat for longer :O( It must be for a reason, maybe the next place you get will be even better :O) Love you oodles of noodles xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are not so many choices if you don’t know anybody in the city you are visiting. One of them is a Hostel. A lot of people prefer them they are so much cheaper and full of young people. The thing is that in hostels you don’t have privacy and have to share a bathroom with other strangers.
    Hotels are too expensive, and sharply not so good. They are overpriced and the quality of service is not that high. Therefore that leaves us the third and best option which is the renting of temporary apartments. I have experienced the renting of buenos aires apartments and I couldn’t be any happier with my decision. They are comfortable and quiet. Nobody will disturb you and honestly, you feel like at home.
    So tell us how’s it going. I bet you have a lot of nice things to say about it!
    Cheers,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete