Pages

Sunday 15 February 2009

A Little Bit Of This & That

OK so yet again it's been quite a while since I last blogged, well almost a week, sorry. So a quick catch up...

Tuesday, 10th February 2009

Matt & I went for a drive over to Yarmouth, popping into Sainsburys on the way. We bought some more Walkers crisps. Builders Breakfast, they were ok but got a bit too eggy towards the end, & Fish & Chips, absolutely disgusting they tasted as if they had dipped the potatoes in week old used chip shop oil...yuck! We also bought some olives... my favourite yum.

We parked in Fort Victoria, it was really nice down there, unfortunately it wasn't until we got there that I realised I'd forgot my phone, so no camera!

Wednesday, 11th February 2009

Off to the job centre again today, woop woop. OMG I really hate it their, some of the staff make you feel so rubbish, it always feels like they think they're better than you, I know some of the other girls feel the same way.

Kerry, the manager of Cowes, is always leaving just as I go in, this week we had about 30 seconds to have a quick chat before I got called up. She told me to go down the Kings tomorrow as she was meeting up with Sharon to tell her about a claim we can make against Deloitte.

I had another form to fill out, this time to claim my notice pay, so the women I saw this week helped me fill it out. I also found out that for the first 6 months of unemployment you go on to contribution based pay, this means you don't get any help towards your options fees. So had to cancel my appointment on Friday as £30 is a bit expensive when you have limited funds. I just hope the dentist will be free or even a bit cheaper.

On the way home I drove via Culver/ Yaverland. All the marshes had flooded.

Matt & I also had a drive to a few different places to have a look at a couple of cars as I am currently deciding whether I should get a new car or spend a bit of money fixing the Corolla. Still haven't made my mind up yet though.


Flooded marsh fields near Yaverland

Flooded fields near Brading

View of flooding from the down's

View of flooding from the down's

Thursday, 12th February 2009

My interview at Lower Hyde today. I didn't really feel that nervous, I thought I would, I've never really had a proper interview. At the Trouville hotel Pete, the restaurant manager, told me what the job would entail and asked when could I start. The Fairway I had been doing a bit of work in the reception when I approached Wayne, the manager of the club house, and asked if he had any work going, I started that night. And I had handed my C.V. into Woolworths after a couple of seasons had passed at the Fairway, Wayne had left (it wasn't the same working there after he and Adele had gone) and the season had ended. Tracy, the manager at the time, phoned me one day asking if I could pop in as a girl was supposed to be transferring from the mainland and never turned up! I started the next morning!

The man I saw, Sven, seemed really nice. He was the head of the bar. He showed me around the bar and entertainment area and also showed me the little children's shop. Other than just refreshing on my previous jobs, a quick chat about Woolworths and a general overview about the job and Park Resorts the only question he asked me was "What could I bring to the company?", so I'm not feeling to positive about getting the job.

At 12 o'clock Matt dropped me off at the Kings. Kerry told Sharon, Bren & me that we can claim up to 8 weeks pay from Deloittes, the reason being something to do with a consultation period they legally had to give all the staff. I'm not 100% sure what it means but because Woolworths employed over 100 people they had to give 90 days consultation period before making the first person unemployed, which they didn't. So hopefully we should be able to get some more money.

Friday, 13th February 2009

Matt & I went to Marks & Spencer's today to get their Valentine meal deal. The deal consisted of a starter, main, side dish, dessert, bottle of wine & a single rose all for £20. So we had a lovely pate for our starter. Steak & chunky chips for the main & side dish. Melt in the middle chocolate pudding. A bottle of rose. A bubblegum pink rose.

Matt then treated me to a small bag of Thornton's cappuccino chocolates, yum. And the last of the Spiderwick Chronicles books from Waterstones. Where we bumped into Mum who was trying to buy all the birthday presents for the copious amounts of birthdays in February & March.

We had our meal tonight as an early Valentine's celebration, it was all really lovely except the wine. It doesn't really help as I'm more of a cider girl.

Our Marks & Spencer's Valentine meal deal

Saturday, 14th February 2009

Didn't really do that much today as I woke up with an awful headache, not due to the wine as I only had a mouthful. I slept at Matt's last night and didn't sleep to well. He has a water bed, which is ok, but we haven't slept on it for a while so I every time I turned over I woke up.

Went home & had a quick shower then went to Morrisons with Mum & Elena to get a few bits. Then after having a bit of lunch I went back up & spent a few hours with Matt

Sunday, 15th February 2009

Well talk about kicking you when your down, who ever it is doing the kicking I want to find them & give them a taste of their own medicine! So if any ones got some steel toe caped boots I could borrow I'd be very grateful, lol.

What am I talking about I hear you say... well Matt & I went for another random drive again today. Going to Ventnor first of all. It was really busy with hardly any parking space! Then over towards Compton along the Military Road.

Whilst just coming out of a corner (doing 45 mph) I spotted a pot hole in the road, tried to swerve to miss it but no luck. No sooner as we had gone through it the car started vibrating and making a really awful noise! So hazard lights on I had to pull over straight away .

Running back to take a picture of the pot hole for evidence I found a couple of rusty cogs, not knowing if they belonged to my car or not I picked them up & took them back with me, just in case.

The pot hole

And again

Matt drove back it was so loud we could hardly hear each other talk, & you could barley see out of the rear view mirror as it was vibrating so much! It was really embarrassing going through place like Godshill, which is only a 20 mph, as it sounded as if we going a lot faster & all the old folks where staring at us looking rather annoyed.

Got back just in time to make it to the Kings for 4 o'clock. Where I met up with Sharon, Cat & Shaun. We talked about the claim & Cat's sister-in-law is an employment lawyer has said we've got a very good chance of getting it! We had a few drinks & have decided to go back down there on the 8th March to celebrate every ones birthdays that fall in February & March. Bren, Cat, Shaun & mine!

Matt & I spent a few hours at his before Mum very kindly came & picked me up.

Now off for some sleep. Bye.x

No comments:

Post a Comment