Pages

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Absolutely Fabulous Darling

Mum, Elena & I went into Newport yesterday to get them some bits for their upcoming holiday. Mum managed to find a few bits for herself, which is good as she usually struggles. And she looked absolutely fabulous (hmm really want to say darling here, lol) in everything she got, not to sure if she believed us at the time though.

The problem when shopping for clothes (and shoes) is you have not only find something that looks great on but it has to feel good as well, not only in texture it has to make you feel good. I'm exactly the same. And I love really soft materials, but I think that may have something to do with when I was younger & loved to pull a lovely sot hankie through the gaps in my fingers & toes! Well when I say younger, nothings changed as I still love it now.

Mum treated us to a McDonald's, hmmm chicken nuggets yum. I felt rather run down though, I don't know why as I hadn't really done anything.

Mum dropped me off at Matt's on the way back. We went back into Newport to buy a car, so we can tow Matt's boat over to Cowes where it's going to be sold, & just something for us to get around whilst mine is being fixed. It'll be great once the boat is sold as the money is going towards somewhere for us to live. So keep your fingers crossed for us.

Got back just into for the final installment of ITV's Whitechapel with Rupert Penry- Jones, based on the notorious Jack the Ripper. It was rather squeamish in places, but then I'm a rather squeamish person, but very good.

Matt popped round to see his friend Christian and got asked to be his best man. Christian (more popularly know as Warren, his surname) was the lad who tried to sail to France about 4 years ago know, just before I met Matt, on Matt's catamaran.

We went on another random drive ( I know you would have thought we would have learnt our lesson about random drives) it was about 11.30 and we were just coming up to Arreton, when I spotted James another of Matt's friends walking on the side of the road. It's quite a long stretch of this road has no foot path! So we turned round & offered him a lift, he was rather pleased as he had been quite worried about getting run over but had just finished work at the Dairyman's Daughter, a lovely pub further up the road.

He was really nice, I'd only met him briefly a couple of times before. Unfortunately he'd lost his bike licence due to speeding a year or 2 ago & couldn't afford to re-sit it at the moment as now you have to take bike tests on the mainland as no-one does them on the island anymore! The advanced driving instructors are also warning the council at the moment that if all of the island becomes a 40 mph or less zone then no-one will be able to sit their driving exams on the island as it would be too dangerous for them, due to faster speeds on the mainland & people not being used to it!

Matt dropped me back off at Mum & Dad's after we had dropped James off so we could both get some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment