Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2009

The Sun Has Got His Hat On!

Yes Mr. Sunshine has certainly had his hat on for the past week, it has been beautiful weather, I really hope it's like it this summer.

Well I still haven't heard anything about my car, other than my Dad receiving a quote from one of the garages I took it to! Over £550 so I think I'll probably get a new car if the council decide not to pay.

Matt has taken me to Ryde House to fill out a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) form, just waiting on that to come back then I can start. I'm still so excited, but feeling a little pessimistic at the same time. I keep dreaming that something happens that means I'm not allowed to work for them!

The place I went to this time was in a different part of Ryde & it was beautiful, if I hadn't of had directions I wouldn't have known it was there, it was off the main road & surrounded by trees, they had their own garden centre/nursery there & it was just so peaceful & relaxing.

Matt & I have been on a couple of walks. On Sunday, 15th March, we walked with Matt's friend Cristian (usually known by his last name Warren) & his fiancee Gina. We walked through Sandown golf course & up the cycle track to Newchurch. We did take a detour off the cycle track at one point, having been told it would be quicker, it took us right up a hill & through a farm, well the hill almost killed me yet everyone else was fine, so I think I definitely need to get some more exercise before Florida.

We ended up in a pub in Newchurch called the Pointers, it was lovely one of those pubs where every one feels at home, one bloke had even left his money & phone on the bar whilst he went outside! We had a couple of drinks each, outside as we were rather hot. Then walked back. Matt showed Warren & Gina the Michael McIntyre skip, he did it during one of his stand ups & said that skipping though generally frowned upon unless your a 5 year old girl, was actually an easy way of getting about quickly so long as you swung your arms together. It was certainly a sight to see the 3 of them skipping down the cycle track.Lol!

Matt & I also walked from home to Arreton on Saturday, where Mum & Dad picked us up, as there was no way we could have walked back home & got there in time to go to the Ponda Rosa.

On Sunday Matt & I were going to try & walk from Home in Sandown to Newport, but as there was a bit of wind we called in at Yaverland first (with the intention of going on a walk in bit) & ended up spending the day down there.

Warren & Matt have made a landboard. Basically a mountain board with a windsurf sail attached. Some of the islanders really make my blood boil, they complain that the kids run around causing chaos, but anything that they love doing they put a stop to, the most recent one is the youth clubs, some of the islanders are trying to close all the youth clubs on the island. Well how can they then complain that the kids are always running around making trouble! But it isn't just the kids some rather large. old lady shouted out of her car as her husband drove past (she didn't even have the nerve to come say it to our faces) that this was a car park not a sailing ground!


Matt on the landboard

Warren on the landboard

After a bit another of Matt's friends, Kim/Kym (not sure on the spelling) turned up with his homemade landboard. And we went down the revetment to Dinosaur Isle & then back again.

Matt, Kym/ Kim & Warren landboarding along the revetment


1 comment:

  1. Helllooo :O)

    Thank you for the info on Simply Red xXx
    I'll have a look at what's occuring lol.

    Love ya xXxXxXxXx

    ReplyDelete