Pages

Monday 9 March 2009

Everything Happens For A Reason!?!

Hmm what have I been up to recently well been to the job centre yet again. Almost (as Debbie says) "lamped" the women serving me when she told me yet again to visit the useless crown website (that directs you to places like the job centre website- genius) & that I had go round all hotels & businesses begging for a job... What the hell do they think we're doing? OK I'm not visiting people in their places of work, but I am sending out numerous CV's! There's just no jobs around at the moment.

Lisa & Liam have come down to celebrate Lisa's birthday, bringing with them 3 of Lisa's flatmates, Abbie, Katie & Emily. On Friday, 27th February, Mum & I nipped to Tescos's & bought the biggest chicken going (actually I thin it was a turkey pretending to be a chicken).

Then whilst Mum as at work I made a rather huge Keylime pie, using the new cook book that I've typed up, made sure everywhere was tidy & with Elena's help pumped up a couple of airbeds for the girls to sleep on.

Lisa & the gang arrived about 7.30 & after a tea of Shepperd's pie & Keylime pie Mum dropped us off at Bogeys.

Abbie, me, Liam, Emily, Elena, Katie, Lisa & Sam

We had a great night & on the way home Abbie & Katie decided to go for a paddle in the sea! It's far too cold for me in the summer when I will only venture in if accompanied by my winter wetsuit & wetsuit boots! Matt picked me up as I was staying at his.

Spent all of Saturday in bed, every time I go out I say to myself this time I won't mix. But I always manage it & regret it the next day. Thought the last time I went out I'd mixed cider & amaretto, this time thought I'd better not mix the 2 so I had cider, sambuca, tequila, sours & champagne...oops. Unfortunately it meant missing Shaun's 21st, but there was no way I could have drunk again that night.

Sunday, whilst Matt was out boarding with Christian, Elena & I went down Sandown with Lisa & co. First we visited the Rock shop, so the girls could buy some,yes you guessed it, sticks of rock, then down to the pier.

We all had a game of crazy golf, which was a laugh. Lisa's first shot bounced out of the 1st hole we were playing on & then landed on the 2nd. Abbie hit the ball so hard on one hole it ended up in a little well of water, where Lisa fished it out for her. Then on the last hole (where when I took Elena & Jake in the summer, Jake managed to hit some woman down the other end off the hole) Lisa hit her ball so hard it ended up on hole 1! Steve walked round & got the ball for her, she took another shot & it rolled all the way down to the beginning of the hole, so Abbie hit it up to us, managed to get it through a rather small hole in the wall & the ball ended up on hole 2!

Elena, Emily, me, Abbie & Katie playing golf on the pier

Dad cooked a huge roast dinner for all of us & we managed to sit 12 people around the dinning room table, it was like trying to eat your dinner on an aeroplane! There was Mum, Dad, Lisa, Liam, Elena, Sam, Steve, Abbie, Katie, Emily, Matt & me! I hope Lisa liked all her presents, I got her a hand blender & in a lovely folder had given her a copy of the Hopwood's cook book. Lisa, Liam & everyone left around 8.30 so they could go back to uni.

Have been watching Gavin & Stacey , it was 1 of the DVD's I got free from the Entertainment roadshow I went on for Woolies, I've never watched it because looking at the front cover I thought it looked rather chavy. Proving you should never judge a book, or in this case DVD, by it's cover! It's brilliant I can't believe I was considering getting rid of it!

Have done a car boot sale with some of my stuff & the stuff Mum & dad have cleared out of different places. Managed to get just under £40 & have also sold their old cooker for £65. Mum & Dad have very kindly let me keep all the money & want it to go towards fixing my car. So just got to wait to hear from the council. If the council do cough up then we're going to put it towards a big birthday meal when Lisa & Liam next come down. We're going to go to the Ponda Rosa in Ryde to celebrate Mum's birthday, Mother's Day, Sam's 21st & my birthday.

For my birthday Matt took me bowling on the Wednesday & then out for a meal at the Dairyman's Daughter. It's a really lovely pub in Arreton & is usually really busy but tonight, even thought the car park was quite full, Matt & I were the only people in there! He also bought me series 2 of Gavin & Stacey.

Mum & Dad bought me a digital camera, so now I can take decent photo's. Lisa & Liam bought me a memory card for my camera, a couple of necklace, some earrings & a pink travel adaptor. Elena got me a pink heat protective mat for my hair straighteners & a cross stitch & I got money & Morrisons stamps from Nana & GrandJack, Nana- Jean, Teresa & co, Auntie Claire & Wendy.

Wendy bought Matt & me a curry from Taj Tandoori to celebrate my birthday. So I'm managing to make the celebrations last quite a while as the meal out to Ponda Rosa is 2 weeks after my birthday! Lisa would be proud.

Went to Newport Friday with Mum & bought myself a new hoodie, highlighter blue this time, & a white top similar to the top I wore to Bogeys. We met up with Dad for dinner & on the way back to the car picked up a brochure for Disney World Florida, ad Mum & Dad want to take Elena there. And if I get a job & can save enough money then hopefully I'll go to.

Saturday night Matt dropped me off in Newport as it was Sam's birthday, we went to school together & she worked at Woolworths but left quite a while before it shut. I didn't stay long as Newport's not really that nice a place to go drinking in. Cat was there as well so it was really nice to see her.

Sunday Matt dropped me off at the King's to meet up with every one from Woolies. We had decided last time that we'd all get together to celebrate all the birthdays in February & March. This time Cat, Shaun Debbie & myself turned up, I'm beginning o wonder what the point is as no-one can ever be bothered to turn up or to tell us they aren't coming.

Matt picked me gone 6 & we went back to his to watch Heston Blumenthals Victorian Feast, it was brilliant, he even manged to make a drink that was all pink but tasted of toffee, hot buttered toast, turkey, custard & cherry tart!

Kerri's husband Colin phoned me this morning to say I have an interview on Thursday at Ryde House, where he works & He is the one who has tried to get me a job. So keep your fingers, toes eyes & anything else possible crossed for me.

Well i think I should really get up & dressed now as it's gone midday. TTFN. x

No comments:

Post a Comment