Pages

Saturday 20 June 2009

Easily distracted

Well hello there, long time no see. I'm not really doing to well on the old blogging front am I! Every now & then I find myself sat in front of the computer starting a new post but then get I find I've let myself get distracted yet again...oops.


Here's a bit of an update on what I've been doing...

Have been working quite a lot, not that I'm grumbling, I'm still enjoying the job & feel very lucky to actually have one. In May Diane(one of my colleagues) & I took four of our residents on holiday. We stayed at a lovely farm in Whitwell, & we all had a great time doing all the tourist things; like visiting Flamingo Park, the island's Steam Railway, eating ice-creams on the sea-front & much more. Definitely no complaints from me, get paid to go on holiday. Vanessa, another of my colleagues, & I have also taken three of the ladies to Porstmouth shopping, again how can I complain a day off the island & shopping!

I've now booked all of my holiday for this year;

A week off in August, Elena & I are planning to go to Southampton shopping, any one wishes to join us then the more the merrier.

A week off in September, hopefully Matt & I are going to go to the Bestival at Robin Hill with Christian & Gina, but no definite plans on that yet.

And two weeks off in October, again some plans to maybe go on a late deal holiday for the first week, depending on money of course. Then spend some time with Elena for the second week(October half term) hopefully if it's OK with Auntie Claire & she hasn't got any plans to go away or anything for that week then visit them.

Matt, Elena & I have been spending quite a lot of time together, we've been out sailing & spending time at the yacht club as well as going to Robin Hill a couple of times. The first time we all stupidly wore flip flops, if any one is ever planning to visit Robin Hill I would suggest wearing trainers, much more sensible.

Matt & I have been to Porstmouth to meet some of his family. We had a great day shopping, going up the Spinnaker Tower & having an all you can eat Chinese at Water Margin in Gunwarf Quays, we were rather full by the end of it. Matt treated me to a new Fat Face t-shirt & a lovely black & white going out dress from M&S.

I have finally got round to buying myself a new car. A blue Vauxhall Astra, & its lovely to drive something with a quiet exhaust.

We've been spending a bit of time with Christian & Gina, we've had a BBQ, spent the day at the beach, gone to the pub a few times & played golf together. Next month we are planning on having a night out in Portsmouth, where I'll be able to wear my new dress. Hopefully Lisa & Liam are going to join us as well.


2 comments:

  1. OOoo it's so nice to see you back blogging again :O) Thank you so much for taking care of Elena, you are a super star & I love you very, very much xXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemma!
    Lovely to see you blogging again. We're all really pleased that your enjoying your job :O)and generally having a fab time. If anyone deserves it, its you. Hope all your holiday plans go well too. Lots of love to you and Matt
    Teresa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete